Band Interaction

Kirk posted:

<<Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 10:24:40 -0400 (EDT)
From: KIRKA@aol.com
Subject: Charlotte, Atlanta, Art

Biggesy memory of the two shows, the guys have matured past the bullshit kid
stage of competing for everything.  Yeah competition has it's place, but
these guys are 50 year old professionals.  They've learned to put their ego
in a resonable place and give themselves to the bigger entity, the music.  I
enjoy their solo projects as it shows different sides of each member, but The
Who is a band and I'm so glad to see that they finally figured that out(like
I'm some music scholar?).  Interacting like a band was definitely the high
point for me.>>

I agree. This is the first time I've seen Pete having a truly good time,
accepting/enjoying his role. And of course, his mood affects the rest of the
band, the performance, the audience, etc. I hope this observation so many of
us are making translates into something concrete: new artistic collaboration,
more shows, something...Would be a major drag to think this is the end, now
that we're all so pumped up!

Veronika