Re: Substitute

In a message dated 97-08-04 18:13:04 EDT, jen@nt.net (Jennifer Lee Davies)
writes:

<< >There was an error on my last history.
 >The 1967 re-issue of "Substitute" on Atco was the same as the original
 >1966 issue.  Both featured "I tried walking forward but my feet walk
 >back" in place of "I look all white but my dad was black."
 >			Sorry,
 >			Brian

         Well, that's it.  You just can't post those incredibly detailed and
 marvelous histories anymore.  I won't let you.  Not for a nit-picky mistake
 like that one, no sir.  Every one has to be nitless.
         Don't sweat the small stuff! >>

I've often wondered why, when performing "Subsitute" at the Isle of Wight
Festival, they still changed the lyric in question to the "forward and back"
line. I was always under the impression that they changed it as to avoid a
controversy becuase of sensitive racial matters in the US.