"To sleep, perchance to dream...."

        . o O { I was so disappointed that I didn't get to go to the Pete
Townshend solo concert!  But I didn't feel too bad when I met my friend AJ
outside it afterward, because he's taped it for me (on his little pink boom
box).  I hurried on to my next destination - the Big Sugar concert.
        It was happening in a school gym - it was a very intimate affair,
only 50 people on the gym floor watching.  There were people backstage
(where I was allowed to roam freely) but they were dressed for a cocktail
party of some kind.  I sat on Gordie Johnson's left (on the stage), then I
sat on the floor with my friend Tasha, right in front of Gordie, and then I
sat on Gordie's right (again right on the stage).  It was very cool.  He had
a drummer and a lead singer (who looked like he had a mop for hair) for some
songs, and on others he was all by himself.  One song was slide, and sounded
kind of like the opening bits of "Ride On", except that he didn't have a
slide.  He stuck forks underneath the strings and various points to get the
sounds he wanted out of the guitar.  (He had to pull them out frantically
again sometimes, too - his lead singer helped him by catching the ones he
tossed in the air.)
        At the end I sat on stage with him and chatted for a while.  I
showed him a picture I drew of the stage and the kitchen-like area (where
was the cocktail party) behind it.  He eventually had to go, and I waved
goodbye from the door as the van left.
        I happened to be walking down the street in Niagara Falls the next
day when I ran into Gordie and his band again.  Gordie gave me a letter he'd
written to me (I had given him my address at the concert) on the inside of a
green plastic bottle.  It said he was sorry that we hadn't been able to talk
longer.  It also said he was sorry that he got out of the autograph line
like a bat out of hell, and that I didn't get one.  He hadn't signed the
letter, though.
        Meanwhile, AJ was talking with the drummer.  I thought I heard
something about where they got their favourite turkey sandwiches. }
        Then my alarm went off.  There's a bit more, but I can't remember it
for the life of me.
        First question: why wasn't there *more* Who in this dream?
        Second question: why *wasn't* there more Who in this dream?
        Third question: why wasn't there more *Who* in this dream?

JenniferD
My Guitar         __  _____		http://www.nt.net/~jen/
 :::=====================I  |	"You know we always come back!"
/---/            \__ - ____/		-Roger Daltrey at Tacoma '96