Tommy lyrics.......again

Just to respond to those who have put me right:
Yes, what you've said is absolutely correct.  I was pulling lyrics
out of the top of my head, and hadn't put them in context.  I'm still
mightily confused about what actually 'happens' in Tommy, but what
the hell, I still love the music.
I think what sums up the understanding of Tommy the best (i.e.no
understanding at all) is the bit on the film The Kids Are Alright,
where PT is talking to that German geezer, and after a long drawn out
guitar solo,.....er.....I mean long drawn out pretentious/precocious
question about the meaning of Tommy, PT just responds with
"Errrrr......Yeah..."
Sums it up for me really.

Phil
Citywatch Ltd