Run, run, run

I accept that this tune was released in Germany in stereo and nowhere else
(I've never had the pleasure of hearing this German version, unfortunately),
but I'm curious why the release was done this way: what is the mix of
economics and artistic considerations in international record distribution
that makes for such anomalies?.....Gary M...P.S., I take WF's points fully,
but was simply trying to make the point that songs like Run, Run, Run
demonstrate the recording limitations of their time when heard in their
studio format, but can be better appreciated when heard as a live recording,
as is the case with said tune as it appears in its vigourous live version on
Maximum BBC.