Re: Elton's "Tommy" boots

On Thu, 23 May 1996, Jennifer L. Davies wrote:

> I didn't think a company would be proud of boots that nobody can wear (Elton
> said that he was just strapped in, and had he fallen would have broken some
> bones!)

They were proud enough to have bought the things when Elton put them up
for auction at Sotheby's.  I'm sure they didn't mind also due to the fact
that thanks to Pete neo-mods wore Docs instead of italian loafers.  Ever
since the last mod resurgence in the late 80s docs have been increasingly
popular, so now they're pretty much mainstream (though I remember in high
school when someone was beat up by a bunch of mets just for wearing docs)
That whole mod revival seemed sorta funny now that I think about it, it
seems as if EVERYTHING was based on someone having watched and mimicing
Quad with the Rockers being replaced by metal-heads, and Niagra Falls
substituted for Brighton (would've been one hell of a long scooter ride!)
though I never heard of anyone putting a Vespa over the falls.

> A Guitar          _________

I was surprised, this actually looks more like a guitar when viewed on a
dumb vt-100 terminal than when I normally read my mail in X.

Shane Matheson						MechEng/CompSci UWO

	"I smash guitars because I like them. " -- Pete Townshend