coolest who thing/who firsts

The coolest Who thing I own is a button with a picture of Pete on it
that my school nurse gave to me. She's a fan too (even met Pete once at
Oceania in England). :) It's super cool andI wear it all the time. I
haven't gone a single day without it since she gave it to me. :)

As for my virgin Who experience, I'm pretty sure I must have heard Who
songs on the radio a few times while I was young, and I vividly remember
a very frightening cover of "My Generation" preformed by Bob Saget on
"Full House" (it was literally YEARS before I could hear "My Generation"
without cringing), but the first time I consciouslyhheard the Who was
listening to "Quadrophenia". I was (and still am) quite a big Pearl Jam
fan. If you start reading articles about PJ, it doesn't take long to
figure out that Eddie Vedder is quite fond of some guy named Pete
Townshend, and this band he's in, the Who. Imagine that! Many Pearl Jam
fans are Who fans as well, so I'd had the Who recomended to me a few
times. Then one day when I was about thirteen and a half, I was at Best
Buy and looking to buy a new album. Figured I'd see if they had one
called "Quadrophenia" that I'd heard about...

Pretty much saved me life, too. :)

                                          -Yellow Ledbetter
This message sent from The Net BBS 608-221-5702.
Telnet address: bbs.madnet.com