Who Firsts

I first heard the Who in 1977 when I was 13.  Mostly I CAN SEE FOR MILES and
WGFA.  Got more interested when WRU came out in Aug. 78.  I contemplated
trying to get tix for the Cincinnati 79 show, but opted for Fleetwood Mac
instead (oh well, oops that's a pun).  After the Cincinnati tragedy, I bought
the TKAA soundtrack almost immediately.  Any band that people would die for
must be interesting.  I was hooked.  Their music was thoughtful and LOUD.  I
started buying their catalog each time I got some spare cash.

It went TKAA, QUAD soundtrack, WRU, WN, WBN, LAL, Pete's EMPTY GLASS,
TWSMG/MB, WSO/AQ1, and finally the original QUAD LP.  This was all by the end
of 1980.  I was one of those Who fans who tried really hard to like FD when
it came out in 81.  But it didn't stick.  IH is much better, but has
undeniable weak points and clunkers.  I consider FD on par with Yes's TALES
FROM TOPOGRAPHIC OCEANS (read: major mistake).

Jim