TOMMY vs. QUAD (the movies)

The TOMMY movie is indeed a very big piece of celluloid.  I saw it originally
at a midnight showing right before the Who played Inianapolis in 1982.
 Yeek--was that movie a depiction of Ken Russel's favorite masturbation
fantasy?

QUADROPHENIA was a very good movie.  I found the drama honest with respect to
the story as conveyed on the LP.  My wife and I saw it when we were in
college at another midnight showing on campus.  The house was packed
(although my college was never a Who haven).  True story--halfway through the
flick, this chick behind us said:  "Hey, does this take place in England?"
 Everybody around her just turned and glared. I'm sure that chick is having a
nice career as a flight attendant.  Nah, knowing where I went to school, she
probably married some rich frat kid.

Jim