Re: Films Quad & Tommy vs the albums

ML, re:

>The party scene (when the camera pans in around and out) is particularly
>impressive.

As I said, it's been a few years since I've seen the movie, but the party
scene from "1979" by Smashing Pumpkins evoked memories of the QUAD party
scene. Can anyone corroborate this?
I'm waiting for the VH1 b'cast of QUAD. How did I miss the Bravo b'cast? I've
been checking the tv listings weekly!

>The weakness of one film is also in the other: the original story is
>compromised. In Tommy, the father is killed rather than the lover; the lover
>is a bad guy; changes are made so that various things (like Religion) can be
>explored.

Yes, but nowhere near the compromises made in the Broadway treatment. Sally
as Tommy's girlfriend? Maybe his mother as Tommy's girlfriend (apologies to
you southerners) but not Sally!

Litgo