Re: Mercy for His-Censorship

> Yeah, enough is enough.  We've killed this poor guy to the point of him
> probably going into a shell, suffering prychological problems - becoming a
> recluse.  It's been  unmerciful.  What if one of us had slipped up and done
> something stupid like RT did - you know "there but for the grace of God go
> I."   Isn't it time we felt a little sympathy for one of our WHO brothers?
>
> Nah, let's bludgeon the bastard some more.

Just pray he's not one of your famous U.S. Postal Service workers... I
actually can see the point of the people now defending RichT (understand
it don't agree with it).  On this list some posts sometimes put the stated
purpose of the list to one side (hey, I'm guilty sometimes and I've got 2
messages from Rich T to prove it).  What I think really bugged everyone is
the method it was done by.  I don't appreciate someone personally mailing
me with some false air of authority telling me to stop posting irrelevant
material as reply to each message I sent that day.  If it had been one
post to the group, I wouldn't have minded and might have given it some
heed, (yeah I know posting a complaint about off topic stuff is a paradox,
but look at all the off topic stuff we have as a result of Rikki Tikki's
effort).

Personally, I actually like the off-topic stuff in some degree of
moderation, it's interesting to get some insight into what people on the
list are like beyond the fact that they like the Who.

Shane Matheson						MechEng/CompSci UWO

	"I smash guitars because I like them. " -- Pete Townshend