No guitar!?!?

I just checked out the Townshend article
(http://www.yahoo.com/headlines/960512/entertainment/stories/music_towns
hend_1.html), and I found some stuff that made me feel kind of
uncomfortable::

"He moves from that into a presentation of The Who's 1973 rock opera
``Quadrophenia,'' which will be staged June 29 in London's Hyde Park.
It's not quite a Who reunion, Townshend cautions; the band's Roger
Daltrey and John Entwistle will also be involved, but they'll be joined
by a group of guests who Townshend is keeping secret for now. "

He also says that he won't be touring with The Who, but, this next part
is what really makes me feel weird:

"Meanwhile, Townshend says he may not even play guitar during the show,
though he does expect to sing a couple of songs."

Okay, not reforming The Who, I can understand.  He might not even play
guitar during the show?  WHAT?!??!  I really hope this is the "I don't
know what i'm saying because it's nowhere near what the truth is"
Townshend speaking...

Jay