Rough Boys / "Faggery"

In a message dated 96-05-11 12:58:46 EDT, NakedEye10@aol.com writes:

>In Pete's words...
>"What, in a sense, "Rough Boys" was about was almost a coming-out, an
>acknowledgement of the fact that I'd had a gay life, and that I understood
>what gay sex was about:  it was not about faggery at all.  It was about
>violence in a lot of senses.  It leans very heavily into the kind of
violence
>that men carry in them.
>
>If men have a violence which cannot be shared with women, then it can't be
>shared with them sexually.  And so there's only one place for that violence
>and that's with other men."

Wow! what a quote!
So when men are violent with each other, it's really like having sex. (On the
other hand, when men have sex with women, it is sometimes rape - which, of
course is violent.)

Why do so many people assume that "coming-out" always means coming out of the
closet?  Don't people realize that coming out can also mean
acceptance/maturity or in the case of a debutant: one making a debut or a
"formal entrance into society".

And what is "faggery"???   I always thought that the word "fag" in England
referred to a cigarette.  But it doesn't sound like Pete is talking about
smoking!!!

This must be why I love Pete -- He understands what gay sex is about!!! Now
if he can only explain it to me and the rest of the world...
Maybe next time, I'll try biting and kissing and laying him back just like an
empty dress...

-Gordie

"...Queen of the fucking Universe"  - Pete Townshend