Re: Roger/Rough Boys

Brian, re:

> In the '94 Goldmine interview, Roger says Pete offered him "Rough
>     Boys" for a solo song, but Rog turned it down because it was a
>     homosexual song. (personally I think this may have been the greatest
>     mistake of Roger's career)

hMMM... I don't remember reading that... And, at the time, the only solo
project Roger had going was "McVicar" and it was a "Who film" and the rest of
them were involved...

As for the "homosexual song" part, this was the begining of the famous
questioning of the Timothy White interview with Pete... He asked Pete about
"Rough Boys" and was it a "coming out" and Pete said "no" and a lot of
homosexual people wrote him saying how brave it was he was coming out, etc.
However, Pete said that's not really what it's about at all... Then he
babbled on about running up to someone and screaming in their face, etc,
etc...

So...

-wf