Zep (no who content)

From: Lev Polinsky <polinsky@husc.harvard.edu>

[snip]

4.  Progress--in listening to LZ, I really don't think they moved
forward; Aerosmith wrote their best song for their first album; on the
other hand, the Beatles of 1967 had moved ahead from the Beatles of 1962.
<<<

Normally, Lev and I agree, but I'll argue til the day I die that Zep was
one of the most fluid and undefinable bands that ever was.  Progress?
 How about the movement between the first three albums?  While you may be
able to draw a line from Zep I to II, there is no way anyone could have
predicted the direction of Zep III.  We then see a completely different
approach in Houses Of The Holy, which is continued but expanded on
Physical Graffiti.  I think Zep had more movement that anyone was willing
to accept.

OK,
KLW