Deep Purple

<snippage>

>I'm not sure I shouldn't have sent this through private e-mail, but I
>figured what the heck.  Any other DP fans out there?
>
>--LP.

        Yeah, I've liked Purple for a long tim, from the beginning, when (a
VERY young) David Coverdale was lead singer, throught he mid-70's.  Also
liked Rainbow, until Ronnie Dio left.  Yes, I agree Ian's a very under-rated
drummer, listen to the live stuff.  Seen them 3 times, once was even louder
than any of the 4 times i've seen the Who!!!  The only line-up to bother
with, though, is the classic Purple - Blackmoore (SP?), Gillian, Pace, Lord,
Glover.  With Rainbow, only those albums with Ronnie Dio (the firs 3 or 4 )
are worth a damn.

        Kevin