Re: On-line Who resources

>Although I`ve contributed actively to our mailing list I`m not familiar with
>other music discussion formats on the Internet. I see references
>occasionally on this list to Who discussions on usenet ( i.e., the "alt
>Who", and to AOL Who. I realize AOL means America On Line, but I`m not
>familiar with how these other formats function and how they differ from our
>list. I`m not thinking of changing formats at this time but would appreciate
>if someone would be good enough to explain how these other formats work and
>how the discussions may differ from what we see here. Thanks!...Gary M.

I'm on AOL, and I probably shouldn't be. If I had the energy, I'd try to find
a cheaper local service. AOL is 9.95 month incl 5 hours. Then $2.95 each hour
after that. When you sign up you get the first 15 hours as a trial period.
 AOL has it's own web server as well as netscape (windows).

I also tried compuserve but despised it.

As far as the Who forums, this is by far the best and most intelligent (save
for the occasional ad hominem attack). The newsgroup alt.music.who was the
first one I located. It rarely has a stimulating thread but occasionally
provides some information before this group. When I see stuff, I grab it and
send it to this group; I know WFang has done this, too.

The music board in AOL is very basic (most can't spell Entwistle or Daltrey;
I'll never look in there again if I see 'townsend').

Other resources are the web sites, some of which are very good. I enjoy
Chris's who linx, Kenny's who guitar page, the hypertext who, and others on a
regular basis. Chris's who lynx will get you anywhere. I believe the address
is:
http://www.trn.or.jp/~chris/Chris's_WHO_Lynx.html
Please correct if wrong.

That's it.