Re: Pete on Letterman

I watched the Letterman performance, and it was pretty bad.  He looked
like Picard, both literally and as in WFang's little dictionary, and
seemed neither to be rocking, as the song required, nor introspective,
which is what you'd expect from him.  He also seemed a bit ill-prepared,
and did not seem to have any emotional energy.  The moment when Letterman
came over was very nicely symbolic:  [on this night, at least] Pete had
nothing to say, just play oldies.  I hope, and I get the feeling my hope
is correct, that the shows he's playing are better than this.

--LP.