Re: Wild West/Wild Fang

On Thu, 2 May 1996 WFang01@aol.com wrote:

> Levy, re:
>
> >>I did have a poll; that poll revealed that there were 30 people here who
> did not want to have the trash you post on this mailing list, and none
> who did.  As this is a self-selected population (people who choose to
> respond to a poll), the significance of the result in predicting what the
> other 250+ people on this list prefer is minimal; on the other hand, it's a
> hint.  Can you be a bit more specific about which parts of 'statistics'
> I should remember?
>
> Try conducting a poll in an environment where you are going to obtain "fair"
> results. Unfortunately, because the bottom of the barrel of the list
> responsed, you convinced yourself that the poll was taken fairly. Your
> "sample" wasn't representive of the population here. Nobody with a brain
> would respond to your e-mail poll,....

Um, did you read what I said?  The poll as taken had no statistical
significance and I have never claimed it was fair.  However, considering
the large majority of the people who post to the group, and post regularly,
replied to the poll, it seems most of the members of this list, including
you, since you've responded to my poll several times, have no brain.

> because to do so would mean to take you seriously.

I tend not to make myself very seriously, and it would be horribly unfair
to ask of others more than I ask of myself.

> Unlike you, I don't need anyone to say "I agree!" to defend my
> position(s).

Considering the number of times you've referred to inidentified list
members who appreciate your trash, your claim is not "true"...

...and, unlike me, you don't _have_ anyone to say "I agree!" to defend
your opinion.

> >>Well, considering I'm a sarcastic bastard in real life, I guess you're
> getting a glimpse of "The Real Me".
>
> And I'm not impressed...

If I cared to impress you, it would mean I actually took you seriously.

> Hope this helps...

Hope springs eternal, doesn't it...

--LP.