scalpers in NYC and PC-ness on this list

 nunki@netcom.com (nunki) wrote:
 I would be curious to know in
what area(s) of New York City all large black men are either scalping
concert tickets or declaring their desire for white pussy.
Try around the Academy or Roseland anytime there is
a concert of any sort. I know, 'cause I've dealt with
them.

While I don't agree totally with WF's remarks (I'd
accuse him of mild sexism), the level
of PC-ness on here is starting to make me nauseous.
This is coming from someone who appreciates
jazz and blues music and their contribution
to popular culture in the United States.

Just because you find WF's views
offensive doesn't make them any less
valid than your own. Our pespectives
are based on largely on personal
experience. Yeah, it's too bad I have
to look over my shoulder every time
a group of NYC youths walk by me
on the street, particularly at night, but
when you've been robbed at gunpoint,
you start to do that.....

Face it folks: there are people in this world
who don't hold the views you do. Chastising
does little good. People think what they want
to think.

Take it to private email if you're so inclined
to get on a soapbox....

-B
                                    Brendon Macaraeg
               http://www.itp.tsoa.nyu.edu/~brendonm