Roundhouse/Tommy

Rr: Roundhouse 1974:

I have an Ex/Ex- tape of the full roundhouse gig.  The vinyl CD which was
posted about here yesterday is only partial, and sound quality is inferior
to the tape of the gig that is around.  Really interesting set list - for
those who don't know about it, the show was an electric solo show with only
backing tapes.  Pretty unique stuff.

Re: Tommy Remastered

Later than most, but I listened to mine for the first time yesterday.  Really
a pretty amazing job.  Tommy has never been near the top of my list for Who
albums, but the remix helps - it just sounds more like the Who.  Bass, electric
guitar, and drums much more upfront.  There are many times where the remix is
so drastic you almost fel like an alternate take is being used, but it isn't!
Strange to put the drums so far into the left track, put pretty amazing stuff
that Moon was playing.  Bottom line folks: if you haven't, go get it!

One question, especially for WF: I've heard lots of comments about the added
tracks on the new Who'
s Next, but how is the remix on the standard tracks?  Anywhere near as drastic
as this?

- Mason