Re: Hendrix's influence

   It was always my understanding that Pete switched to Fender Strats in large
part just because of his adoration of Hendrix.  I suppose this is as a good an
explanation as any for me, because I never really thought Strats were "Pete's
sound" anyways.  And I would further speculate that the ruffles, etc., were
probably a Hendrix influence (have you seen pictures of Eric Clapton from
around this time- at least Pete didn't go that far!).

                                                      M.M.