Re: Revolver Remixed? I don't think so

>In looking at boxes, I think Clapton's Crossroads
>was the first major one (am I right?) or maybe Springteen's Live box.
>No one has, to my knowledge, tried to imitate Bruce's Live album on a box,
>have they?

Gary:
There is talk of a two disk live Who set, including a complete TOMMY (but
taken from assorted sources, which I believe is a mistake). This is clearly
not enough, and a few months ago I proposed a 5 disc live set covering their
career. From what I've heard so far, this just isn't going to happen
(sadly). Once again the caretakers of The Who stumble.

>Yes!  You understand my frustration exactly!  That's what I intended to try
>to explain above...if they had done things differently as far as how they
>released things, then someone who owns 30 Years and all the discs has so
>much of the same stuff over and over that it makes me wonder if I want to
>spend the money to upgrade to the remasters.  If I did that, then I'd be
>getting new copies of the entire Who catalog and the entire Pink Floyd
>catalog, and I'm sure there are several other bands who've done the same
>thing as cd technology as changed.

Gary:

OK, the purpose behind 30 YEARS was not mainly for those of us who want "it
all," but for those who haven't bought all of the discs but wanted more than
the regular best of's. To entice "we who want it all," they included several
unreleased cuts. Since that time, they have been making the boxed set less
and less valuable by releasing some of those same cuts on the remixed CDs.
Yeah, and that really pisses me off too. There ARE other songs that could
have been used...
Another bad point about 30 YEARS is the fading of one song into the next.
Why??? What was the freakin' point???
Anyway, you still might want to consider the remixes. They all sound better.
Some vastly better (TOMMY, LAL, and SELL OUT). They all (except TOMMY) have
even more unreleased songs, all of which are great.
You're talking to the guy who bought TOMMY three times...regular, gold, and
now the remix...and I've got two QUADs, as well...but I will get the new one
when it's released (because I know how much of an improvement can be made).
I'm certainly pleased with the remixes. Even A QUICK ONE (which doesn't
sound much better) has a fantastic unreleased acoustic version of Happy Jack
(blows the original away) and a few other cuts that make it worth having.
The price is right, too...no more than a normal new CD. Be glad it's not the
Gold Disc price...

          Cheers                        ML