WN vs. LAL in sales

Fang, Re:

>As of the end of January, I was told: 90,000 copies of "Live At Leeds",
>35,000 copies (each)  of "Sell Out" and "A Quick One" and advance orders of
>60,000 for "Who's Next" (just prior to it's release). Not exactly "earth
>shattering" by any standards, but considering there was NO adverstising...
>
>-wf

        Those numbers are interesting.  Has LAL always sold more copies so
that the advance orders would be so much more?  I've always thought that WN
was more popular than LAL.  It seems to be the definitive classic Who
album.  Several years ago, I worked in a record store, (big stupid
corporation,) and there were these tables of cassettes which were
discounted, 2/10 dollars, or something like that.  WN always had to be on
those tables, by order of the home office (!)   It's very possible those
idiots didn't know what they were doing, anyway, (we sold mostly Rap and
Metal in that store, and they were worried about how many copies of WN we
had?)
                                                                    Stacey