Re: WN vs. LAL in sales

Stacey, re:

>Those numbers are interesting.  Has LAL always sold more copies so
>that the advance orders would be so much more?

I would say that you're reading into the numbers incorrectly. At time period
in comparison, "Leeds" was out on the shelf--selling for quite a while, and
"Who's Next" was just about to make the scene. Ultimately, I'd guess that
after time passes and they have been out there, "Who's Next" will continue to
outsell "Leeds" as it always has. One interesting factor is, "Leeds" is a
VERY different album now, "Who's Next", really isn't. I think they're going
to have some problems with "Tommy" (in terms of sales). If you've noticed,
most of the old Who CDs are gone from the shelves, getting ready for the
"remasters". However, there's plenty of "old" "Tommy" copies in circulation
at the stores. I'm sure this was a key factor in MCA's decision NOT to put a
"sticker" on the new one...

-wf