Re: IOW on the CBC last night.

On Thu, 21 Mar 1996, Michael Hanley wrote:

> Was there more Who footage later on?

There was one song right near the end, Naked Eye I think.  It was cool
because instead of having the normal stage lighting from the front, they
had a bunch of flood lights from behind the stage pointed out at the
audience so all you cool see were whirling silhouettes playing the music,
making the whole experience that much scarier (for lack of a better word)
with the intimidating music, and the evilly lit band (even better than
holding a flashlight under your face as if telling a ghost story).

This highlighted the paradox I find with those big festivals further where
they have Joni Mitchell & Joan Baez doing that hippy "I love you, You love
me, We're a happy family" type stuff which was pretty much in line with
the audience's tendencies, then you had The Who, who were pretty much the
antithesis of that and were ready to beat the snot out of anyone that
walked on stage and played music that was meant to intimidate the
audience.

Shane Matheson						MechEng/CompSci UWO

	"I smash guitars because I like them. " -- Pete Townshend