Re: Fans from 1965-67

As someone that first saw the Who in 1967 all I can say is "I Can't Explain."

Seriously, it is very difficult to explain. It is difficult to explain when
you are talking to a person about those days face to face (I start to rant)
and pretty impossible to sit at a keyboard and express your feelings.

Joe

At 09:29 PM 03/22/94 -0458, cuda340@tribeca.ios.com (Tesco Vee) wrote:
>        I realize that quite a few of you out there have been Who fans for
>a very long time, perhaps since their inception as a band.  I think I can
>speak for many fans like myself who were not born yet, or too young to know
>any better, when I say that we can learn a great deal from you guys.  I've
>always found it a very curious undertaking to try to place myself in, say
>1965-67, and look at The Who from a fan of that time's perspective.  How
>did they measure up to other bands?  Were they considered "cutting edge?"
>How did the audience react to them obliterating their gear?  How were the
>American fans like compared to British fans?  A fair amount has been
>written in books and articles, and a few films have documented this, but to
>me there's nothing like hearing it from someone who was actually THERE,
>especially from a fan's point of view.  It would be of great interest to
>me, and probably a lot of other younger fans, if anyone who fits the above
>description would share their experiences and impressions of that stage of
>The Who's career with us.
>
>                                                                Tx,
>                                                                Stacey

-----
Joe Giorgianni
46 Terry Drive
South Glens Falls, NY  12803

If you are interested in the Who and their records please check out my web
page at:

http://www.capital.net/users/giorgian/