Fans from 1965-67

        I realize that quite a few of you out there have been Who fans for
a very long time, perhaps since their inception as a band.  I think I can
speak for many fans like myself who were not born yet, or too young to know
any better, when I say that we can learn a great deal from you guys.  I've
always found it a very curious undertaking to try to place myself in, say
1965-67, and look at The Who from a fan of that time's perspective.  How
did they measure up to other bands?  Were they considered "cutting edge?"
How did the audience react to them obliterating their gear?  How were the
American fans like compared to British fans?  A fair amount has been
written in books and articles, and a few films have documented this, but to
me there's nothing like hearing it from someone who was actually THERE,
especially from a fan's point of view.  It would be of great interest to
me, and probably a lot of other younger fans, if anyone who fits the above
description would share their experiences and impressions of that stage of
The Who's career with us.

                                                                Tx,
                                                                Stacey