Subject: Re: The Who Digest Vol 3 Num 79
Author:  "Eddie W. Presley Jr" <epresley@iu.net> at ~internet
 Sun Dec  7 13:22:25 PST 1997
Date:    3/21/96 12:07 PM

        Well, I used to think that too, being on another list where the
moderator is heavily involved. Now, I can see why the moderator is so
involved and have come to appreciate his diligence. That list is a digest
only forum and he deletes posts that are flames or off topic so they don't
get shipped out. He also reads every post and sometimes comments on
them...(Which can be annoying, but he usually points out when to include
more info or that all e-mail in response to that post should go private as
they wont be put on the list). He also sets deadlines for threads and once
they reach the dead horse phase he does not allow anymore posts on them. So
a little more involvment may not be such a bad thing. As I said before, you
can also develope a filter system for the subject headings to pre-weed out
anything you don't want as a subscriber.