Re: no life

Re:
I (and many others here)  find this behavior endlessly amusing and for
amusement purposes, encourage it.

Does anyone on this list REALLY find any of this amusing or encourage it?
All those who do, PLEASE SPEAK UP!  I think it's a waste of time.  Is there
really anyone other than Fang who will defend this behavior as something
that the majority of subscribers to this list can enjoy?   Obviously, on
any list there will be conflicts; most of them on this list are worked out
amicably (sp?).  I don't think it's too much to ask for that we not have
get stuck in the middle of personal squabbles.  The worst thing is bringing
conflicts from Prodigy, AOL etc into this forum.  Fang, what purpose does
this serve than to stroke your own ego?  It certainly has nothing to do
with The Who.

Re:
Look, some people like a "Howard Stern type" sense of humor, others don't.

Howard Stern is sometimes very funny, but when one doesn't want to watch
him, one can change the channel and not be missing anything other than
Howard.  If one tires of reading the childish insults bandied about on this
forum, one has no choice because this is the best source of Who
information, and to "change the channel" would mean missing out on that
source of info.

Re:
However, if other people want to make fools out of themselves with these
"attacks" towards me (and I help them along), I obviously don't have a
problem with it. Some people do. Just like some people don't like "It's
Hard", other's do.

Your analogy falls flat.  If I don't like Athena, I can play another song.
If I don't like to read your flames, what choice do I have?  Again, why
must you bring conflicts from P*, AOL, etc onto this list?

Re:
obviously extremely stupid comments. (ie "I wonder if they'll have a
different tourbook cover in Canada?")

Apply your own logic.  Some people would find this earnest question valid,
just as some people like "It's Hard".  If you want to encourage people to
post, one way would be to stop posting sarcastic answers.

Re:
Perhaps if that were to happen, *I* can then post less...

You can anyway.  Please stick to The Who and leave the pointless sparring
off this list.

Stepping of my pulpit,

Chris
http://www.trn.or.jp:80/~chris/