Female Who fans

During my fourth year of college in early 1980, I attended a party where the
music was not really to my liking.  I engaged in conversation a nice looking
young woman, who had caught my eye earlier in the evening, about the sorry
state of the music. Suddenly, she said to me, "I wish they would play some
Who."  I knew instantly that she and I would get along quite well, so I got
her phone number right away.

We went out the next week and spent the rest of that semester together, even
attending The Who's show in Ames, IA in April of '80 together.  Sadly, she
went home for the summer and didn't come back to school the next semester
and we drifted apart.  I am not sure if it was the mutual love of The Who,
or what, but I have never had sex with anyone as many times in one night as
I did with this woman!  Her first name, oddly enough, was...Karen.  For
those of you who don't know this, PT's wife's first name is also Karen.  So,
the moral of the story is, if you find a woman who likes The Who and her
name is Karen, don't let her go!

Dave Hughes

Nebraska Public Radio