Re: The Who Digest Vol 3 Num 73

>>I discovered We're Not Going to Take It contains some annoying clicks
>>throughout the song.  I wonder if this is another "ICSFM" gaffe at the CD

>>production level or is this on all releases.

I  noticed the same noises -- but it sounds like tape wear and/or
electrical noise and not a mastering defect.  You can hear similar noises
on the Allman Brother's Eat a Peach CD (in fact, the noises are so
prominent that someone wrote into ICE complaining that the disc was
mastered from an LP).   I've been listening to the new Tommy through a
headphone stereo system and have have noticed quite a few sonic defects.
Let's face it, Tommy was a poorly produced album to begin with, and
remixing can only do so much (especially when they used the LP as a
reference point).