Pete's Comments on the Hyde Park Show

That same kind soul sent me this report as well:

 Pete Townshend tonight told how much he had enjoyed working with Roger
Daltrey in The Who again.

   He said he was learning to control his urge to smash guitars and added
that he was now older and wiser.

   Townshend, speaking shortly after performing Quadrophenia, said it was too
early for him to say how the performance and The Who's reunion had gone.

   "I don't really know how it went until I get some feedback from the people
who were out there listening," he said.

   "These people coming to meet me backstage are not going to say 'it was
crap' even if they thought it was."

   Townshend, who has not performed live with other members of The Who since
the late eighties, said he was found it "very easy" to slip back into his old
routine.

   "What has been great is that we have been able to work together in a way
that we never felt able to as a band in the old days.

   "In the old days I would write the songs, and Roger would sing them, and
if he felt there was something wrong I would say 'no there isn't'.

   "What has been different this time is that there has been a lot of respect
between us.

   "I think we are older and wiser, listening to one another and it has been
beautiful."

   He added: "I still get the urges to go back to the old ways and take it
out on the equipment, but I can resist them better now. I think that's
because I'm a bit older."

   He said he was now keen to perform Quadrophenia live at an indoor arena
and had plans to play at Earl's Court, London.