Re: the Who and LIVE AID--a kind of history

>My most abiding memory of Live Aid, which I watched on the telly, is that
about 30
>seconds into The 'Oo's set we lost the picture and got sound only until
about 30
>seconds from the end. Did American viewers suffer the same disappointment?
Was this a
>deliberate ploy to boost video sales? (All in an excellent cause, of course).
>
>Pardon me if this has come up before, but I'm new here.

Mark:

As far as I've ever heard, there's been no offical release of Live Aid. Not
in the US, anyway...was there for Britian? We got a bit more than 30
seconds; all of Love Reign O'er Me and part of two other songs. But it was
dissapointing to sit through Billy Ocean to not see The Who.

                   Cheers                   ML

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete Townshend