Tommy book

>From: Jason Hare <hare@ACSU.Buffalo.EDU>

>Finally (for now), I am pleased to announce that although my Tommy
>knowledge sucks, I was lucky enough to win a Max R&B T-Shirt from
>Interplay, from that Tommy CD-ROM contest that was on the web. Black,
>looks like the Marquee poster but with no picture of Pete.  Not bad.  So I
>didn't win the leather jacket.  Shit.  Oh well....

I landed a "Tommy" book autographed by Pete from the same contest.
(Anybody else out there win anything?)  The book will go nicely with a
video of "The Who Rocks America" autographed by John that I won in '82 in
another Who trivia contest.  It's a BETA video, believe it or not!  That
contest was on the cable tv show "Nightflight" on USA--anybody remember it?
It used to be a great show: I taped a couple of Who shows, Clash movies,
and other stuff from it.

The questions from 1982, by the way, were to name the first song at the
first show of the '82 tour NOT written by a member of the band and to name
the final song of the final show of the tour NOT written by a member of the
band.  Since I had taped the Toronto show, I knew the latter answer to be
"Twist & Shout," but I had no idea what the first was.  In fact, I STILL
don't know the answer to that question.  But my partial answer was good
enough for one of the 2nd place prizes, so I felt happy.  The first prize,
if I remember correctly, was a handsome, official tour jacket.

Anyway, I don't need two "Tommy" books, so if anyone would like to trade
for the unautographed one (the autographed one is NOT available!), please
let me know.  It's in mint condition and has the cd single of "I Believe My
Own Eyes."

Jim McWilliams
mcwill@siu.edu