Re: The Who & liberals vs conservatives

Dennis wrote:
>  With the recent, unexplained, rash of political posts here, I am now
>curious to know how many Who fans consider themselves politically
>conservative and how many consider themselves politically liberal.
>  My guess is, if you like a stack of Hiwatts or Marshalls cranked to full
>volume, you are probable conservative, have a sense of humor, enjoy life
>and would rather make your way without government interference.
>  If, on the other hand, you enjoy acoustic guitar and a gentle ballad, you
>are probable liberal, can't laugh at yourself, take things too seriously,
>are miserable with your own personality and would like government to take
>every penny you earn and give it to non-workers. Geez! Did I just sound
>biased?! What? I can't hear you because of the ringing in my ears!:)

     You guessed wrong with me.  I like my Who loud and I'm a die-hard liberal.  My political beliefs and taste in music definitely put me in the minority, but I'm damn proud of both.  I've been absolutely shocked by the number of Who fans that lean more to the right.  Is this a generational thing (I'm 39)?
     Our common denominator is that we like The Who (duh!).  We're discussing whether we like it loud or soft and if we're politically conservative or liberal.  To really throw this wide open and stir up a hornet's nest, I'd like to also request that we include whether we're religious or not.  I truly believe that there are three things you'll have difficulty changing in a person: 1)religion 2)musical tastes and 3)political ideology.  Regarding religion, although my father is a Lutheran minister (and politically ultra-conservative), I'm an atheist.  If we really wanted to add some interesting information and make a member profile, we could add age and number of years of college (or highest degree).  I'd be willing to bet that there's a correlation with the number of years a person attends college and their political persuasion.

     Tim Herrlinger