Re: The Who & liberals vs conservatives

At 23:57 6/21/96, TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com wrote:
>From: hiwatt@deltainet.com (Dennis)
>
>  With the recent, unexplained, rash of political posts here, I am now
>curious to know how many Who fans consider themselves politically
>conservative and how many consider themselves politically liberal.

I read Paul's admonishment to keep it on-topic, but I hope it'll be OK to
answer; maybe Dennis could keep a tally, or something, and post results(?).
I'll keep it brief and would be happy to discuss this offline, if anyone
gives a monkey's.

I call down a plague on both their houses (Republicans and Democrats)
(Hey, for 10 points, what's the famous source of that phrase, "plague on
both your houses"?)  I'm an Objectivist, which puts me at the opposite end
of the communist/Fascist pole Dennis identifies above.  From what I've seen
the intersection of Objectivists and rock fans is not quite vanishingly
small, but dang close.

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend