NYC Airports

>>rom: KREGW@ALCON.ACU.EDU
>>Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 14:42:27 -0500 (CDT)
>>Subject: NYC

>>I understand that it is more expensive to fly into La Guardia airport
instead
>>of the Newark airport, but a subway line runs from Manhattan out to La
Guardia.
>>If you land in Newark, you'll have to take a taxi or bus to get to
Manhattan.
>>($40.00 - $50.00)  The Hotel Pennsylvania is supposedly right next to
Madison
>>Square Garden, or near it.  The OAG Business Travel Planner lists its
lowest
>>rate as $99.00 for a single for one night.

>>I'm not a New Yorker, but rather a Texan and haven't been to NYC in twenty
>>years.  If I'm mistaken on any of this info, please correct me.

There is no longer any subway service from any NYC airport.  There is an
inconvenient 2-bus service from LaGuardia.  My advice to you is to fly into
LAG if possible, and take a cab.  It's the smallest and closest of the 3
airports.  A cab should run you around $20 from LAG, $30 from Newark, and $40
from JFK.  Alternatively, look for the CAREY bus from JFK and LAG.  It'll
stop in midtown and several major hotels for $12-18 dollars, as I recall.

I can't advise you on hotels, but good luck getting a $99 rate from ANY NYC
hotel.

Scott