Re: NYC Airports

>from JFK.  Alternatively, look for the CAREY bus from JFK and LAG.  It'll
>stop in midtown and several major hotels for $12-18 dollars, as I recall.

and

>You can get a bus right from the airport to either Grand Central or the
>Trade Center for $7 bucks. The depot's next door to the United arrivals, if
>I remember right. I did this once, last August, on the advice of a friend.
>Email me for more details if no one else posts about this.

The Olympia bus from Newark is about the same...

>I can't advise you on hotels, but good luck getting a $99 rate from ANY NYC
>hotel.

The Days Inn on W 57 between 9th and 10th aves could be a good bet. There's
also a Best Western along the Hudson (middle of nowhere) that could be
cheaper as well.
For those really scrimping, the 92 street Y has rooms dirt cheap. Never
stayed there myself so I don't know anything about it.

Litgo