Re: smashing pedestals

Rich, re:

>No, I think Daltrey finally began to embarrass Townshend.

I have to agree with that... few people really know what's going on "behind
the scenes" and have trouble "reading between the lines". I don't think Roger
or John would have a problem with "the end of The Who" if it was actually
over and done with AND in a "gentleman-like" way. However, it's Pete who
doesn't know what he wants from one minute to the next and dangles that "Who"
carrot from time-to-time or makes hurtful comments in the press when it suits
him. It's hard to "make peace" when you're being jerked around...

As for "who's more important"... I agree that Roger, John & Simon sounded
more like the Who, than with Pete in either '82 or '89. However, I look at
the band as 3 equal parts. They all have their strengths and weaknesses and
all bring their own talent to the table...

-wf