smashing pedestals

> At least one person on this list thinks they shouldn't be called the WHO
> because their drummer died, but of course he's wrong. Without Moon AND
> without Townshend on lead guitar they are Daltrey's band. The sourpuss on
> acoustic rhythm is purely ornamental.

Actually I think they should've stopped calling themselves the Who after
PT shot his load on the '79-'81' US-European tour.  Reasons being that it
would've been the perfect farewell, with the Who's three remaining
members willing to put a %110 effort on the tours.  The problem you have
is that "without Townshend and Moon they are Daltrey's band", woah I'm
excited.
Christ,  where does the energy and improvisation come from???  Zak Starkey?
You sir are identifying why the Who were what the WHO WERE and WHY they
are considered one of rock's (if not the best, let's be daring) best live
bands ever.  You're going to tell me that Entwistle can play off Starkey
like Keith Moon?  Can I use the same drugs you're taking?  It makes me
sick to think of the Who in their prime that lacked the imagination of
Keith Moon.  Are you enjoying seeing the beach boys yearly at your local
pavillion?