Roger's bitching

I wrote:

>>>I actually think Roger is beginning to embarrass himself with pieces like
the
94 GOLDMINE.  It was good to see Roger's perspective on the band, but Roger's
bitterness seems childish.  I understand how major the Who was in his life,
but he had it for a very long time.<<<

Jennifer
A Guitar wrote in response

        >>>True, but you have to look at the psychological side of it.  He's
still very attached to the Who - look what it saved him from!  He knows it,
too.  That, and his days with the Who were probably some of the best days
hecan remember.  No, I can't say that I blame him.<<<

I do understand his attachment, but for Christ's sake, he's 52 years old and
he's coming out in print sounding rather ludicrous.  Things change and life
goes on!  Yes, the Who saved him from poverty and has allowed him a lifestyle
where he can choose from a lot of directions for the remainder of his life.
 He should seize his opportunities. His public bellyaching falls on my deaf
ears--I don't sympathize with him.  Does he expect us to? Does he expect to
goad Townshend with this kind of tripe?

I then said again

>>>He should either move on or find ways to do the Who that can satisfy him
to some extent.<<<

Jennifer said

        >>>I'd love to see him do that, too, but that's tricky without Pete,
John and Keith.<<<

Actually, it's not tricky.  It's a matter of what Roger expects out of it.
 He can easily put together a Who Review if he wants, and depending on how it
is structured, he can probably do a small-scale tour with it.  Now would be a
perfect time, with the QUAD thing this summer getting publicity.  Now, if he
wants something and he wants it to be the Who, well, it appears that he can't
have it.  I didn't say that he'd be able to find something that fully
satisified him.  But a Who review might help him out (or it could make him
pine for the Who even more...).

Jim