re:My Generation/Who vs Zep

>Mark, you are attributing my statements to Ian.  And BTW, what I said was
>that the first COMMERCIAL use of the word blues was 1902, and that it surely
>must have existed for years before that.  Since the blues were primarily
>performed by black plantation workers for black plantation workers, it is
>understandable why no whites were aware of it for some time.

Scott:

Maybe it's because I'm talking about the same thing with three people. As
Entwistle once said: One at a time! Of course, I disagree with that in
regard to women, but that's another thread...
I will only say again that what you're talking about on the plantations
wasn't the form we now recognize as The Blues. You are using too broad a
definition.

                   Cheers                   ML