Re: TWSMG

>Isn't this all a little simplistic? Like saying TWSMG is a
>R&B-oriented album and nothing else...

Jukka:

Well, we ARE generalizing here. How can we not?

>> I can't say that Begin Again rings a bell; who was that by?
>
>The Zombies

I don't have all of their music, just the "best of." The Zombies were in
fact very different in their approach to songs, but still more Blues
oriented than The Who.

>Ah, the song, you mean. Maybe. How about Anyway Anyhow Anywhere?

The first Punk song. But structurally, more Berry-oriented.

>I was just trying to say that there were lots of different things
>happening at the time and everybody was ripping off everybody
>else. The Who ripped off the Kinks, the Beatles, Link Wray, The
>Stones, surf music, R&B/soul etc.etc. And vice versa. I think it's
>pretty pointless to try to say who came first (no pun intended!),
>there's always someone who did it before. But MG (the song) clearly
>was hugely influential and smashed barriers of a pop single...

It's true; music is an incestious beast. I couldn't say that The Who got
anything from The Stones or The Beatles, but of course no one stands alone.

                   Cheers                   ML