Re: Worst Who Songs

Ian, re:

>First of all, without R+B many of our favorite rock bands would sound
very different.  Second, it's a musical education into how rock music (as
we know it) came to be.  Third, it's purely American and contains some of the
greatest songs ever written.  Of course I'm talking about REAL R+B
(the brand that ended in the early 70's only to be taken over completely
by funk and soul music) not the schlock like Boys to Men.  Have you ever
heard James Brown's Mother Popcorn Pt. 1??  If you aren't effected by
that, you aren't human.

Yeah, but all of THAT is in a historical sense. When I listen to a song,
either I like it or I don't. Sometimes it takes a while before I "get used to
it" and develop a "taste" for it. But I never say... you know, this song has
historical proportions, therefore... I HAVE to like it!

I have no interest in studying pre-Who music, I have other interests and that
isn't one of them. AS for the popcorn song, if they don't play it at the
movies, then I probably never heard it... Guess I ain't "human"... (but you
knew that already...)

-wf