re: I love a tirade

Brad, re:

>>I must say, this new digest format just plain sucks.  Hate it, hate
it, hate it.  I imagine many others feel the same way.  Why did this
come about?  High mail volume.

I hate it too, but I'll find a tech. solution to solve the problem and
perhaps pass it on if and when I have the time...

>>  I just hope all those responsible for this <Picard> feel proud of
themselves for forcing Paul to going to this format.

"Forcing"??? I think Paul stated his reasons were due to the combination of
more listers (over 500--up 40% in a few months time) and the maintenance of
hi-volume of posts. While I hate this format (for now), I would trade the
better format ANY DAY for "freedom of speech".

While it's not my business, I'd still trash the archives of the list and just
make it a "point and shoot" relay for messages. This may cut down on the time
spent managing the list...

>>I wrote all that this morning, and saw my latest digest full of
another 300 lines worth of the stupid Bernd/ML debate which despite
repeated requests, they just won't take to private e-mail, more stupid
stuff about the civil war that's irrelevant, I mean, c'mon!  Don't you
guys get the point?  This aren't just little tangential asides or
quickie comments, these are the majority of the postings, and all
these arguments have absolutely zero to do with the Who.

While you may not enjoy their posts, others do. When we starting picking and
choosing who should say what, the list ends. It's better to have too much
<Picard>, than none at all...

- -wf