IoW sound quality

I know I've asked this before but as an increasing number of listers are
reporting their reactions to the laserdisc and video releases of The Who's
performance at IoW I'd appreciate if you would comment specifically on the
bass sound, which is virtually non-existent on the extracts shown on the 30
years' video. The drum sound is poor too, but the bass far worse. The notes
on The Who's extant unreleased live performances at the end of the 30 years'
booklet warned of this problem. Personally, I'd still want to hear and see
the full I0W performances to hear PT's guitar in its prime and Roger's
voice, but I'm still surprised The Who would let this material out in full
without somehow trying to improve the sound as we heard it on the 30 years'
video. But if the sound has been significantly improved, how was this
achieved short of JAE re-recording his parts? In fact I would be very happy
if he did as long as we're told of this change. If anyone has any specifics
on this issue I'd be grateful to hear them. Thanks...Gary M.