re: drummers

all this talk about drummers..............

(Just a quick quote from Sgt. Barnes...

"drummers ?...what'd you all know 'bout drummers..."   ;)

soundwise ? would the violent femmes sound the same if not for victor's
abiltiy with brushes and that damn upside down trash can ?

remember that power pop combo in the early 80's "the producers"...real
forgetful, infectious pop...their drummer truely contributed to the music
with his signature style....but then again as a drummer, it might be easier
to hear certain drummers style from a recording and differentiate them from
others...

Steve Gadd...he'll be remember for that drum line on "50 ways..." more than
anything else...

Ringo Starr...don't even mention him...that was McCartney playing the drums
on Rain and Day in the Life..while it should've been me!  ;)

Speaking of style there's something about a musician who records and plays
all the instruments(drums) on an album...I kinda dig this..PT's playing on
alot of Scoop stuff, Lenny Kravitz on "Let LOve..", and P Mac on "band on
the run"...it has a neat feel to it, rough and unpolished, but nevertheless
fun to listen to and at times the awkward fills add to the song...maybe
townshend should play drums on the next leg of the tour..:)

as a personal opionion....picking up a guitar is the best thing dave grohl
ever did...

peace....
pete best