Poly vs MCA Quads

Thanks to Bernd, I was able to get a Polydor quad.  Someone asked folks to
post their thought, so.. Fang is right.  The MCA issue has so many harsh treble
spots that his "flat spots" are ear recovery periods.  The Polydor issue is
much more even, and sounds FAR better than the MCA issue.  Its almost like they
are different products.. its most clear in the Dr Jimmy to The Rock comparison,
which sounds so forced, bizarre, and weird on the MCA issue, but not on the
Poly.

One thing we haven't talked about much is how people like the new mix... I do
like it much better than the old one now that I've had a chance to let it
settle in.

And, of course, after seeing it live, its almost all I have been playing..
varying the version (the old, the new, the demos, the '73 boots and tapes,
the broadcast), but it is just so wonderful to live with it so alive again!

Best - Mason