Re: Monday's Show

>Pot 'n hasch *are* pain killers, *at least* as good as aspirin, although I
>do not smoke it to kill pain. Picture it - your 5 year old has just come
>home from the hospital, his arm in a cast. His big sad eyes illustrate the
>physical torture he's going through. Do you offer him the prescribed glass
>of water and aspirin, or do you offer him a hit off your joint?

Jon:

Maybe, but when I get high I'm generally more aware of things, and if I was
in pain I think that would be a part of it. I know that I can certainly
appreciate the nuances of music better when I'm stoned...I share this with
Pete Townshend, so it can't be all bad. Sex...well, anyone who has been
there knows. I've been depressed and when stoned I tend to focus on it...not
good, so if I ever get depressed again I'm not going to do it then (the only
cause of my depression magically vanished when I quit my job, though, so...).
I imagine pain would work the same way, at least for me. I've never had a
major accident or broken bone or had to deal with a hospital for myself, so
I cannot really say.

                   Cheers                   ML

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete Townshend